- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups (12 oz) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- One 16 oz package frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 cup (4 oz) sugar snap peas, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ cup jarred, roasted red bell peppers cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook the mushrooms, stirring until tender, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Cook the edamame, snap peas, and ginger, stirring occasionally until peas are tender and edamame is bright green 3-5 minutes. Add the red pepper, chestnuts, Sriracha and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, stir in toasted sesame seeds and vinegar. Package and reheat for lunch.
Makes 5 servings at 1 cup per serving. Pair with ½ whole wheat pita, cut into wedges and one cup of fruit for a healthy meal.
Recipe adapted from Whole Living.